A Message From Our CEO
Dear Valued Member,
Thank you for choosing First Coast Community Credit Union as your financial partner and banking resource. You’ve made a great choice! We’ve been serving Putnam County since 1948, Flagler County since 2009, and St. Johns County since 2020. We look forward to serving the needs of you and your family for years and years to come.
With the many financial institutions out there vying for your business, you’ve probably wondered how First Coast is different from the others. After all, aren’t the products and services the same? As a federally backed financial cooperative, FCCCU is safe, sound and owned by you, a voting member. The board of directors, management and staff at FCCCU are your neighbors. We offer state-of-the-art technology, wrapped around people who care about your prosperity and financial goals; and most importantly, decisions are made here at 306 S. Palm Avenue, not on Wall St., in Jacksonville – or Canada!
I hope you enjoy our new website; again, thank you for allowing us to serve you.
First Coast Community Credit Union
306 S. Palm Avenue
Palatka, FL 32177
Office: 386-328-5555 ext 148
Credit unions have advantages over big banks and other financial institutions. As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, we exist specifically to help meet the financial needs of our members. Unlike banks, which maximize profits for their shareholders, we return our profits to our members in the form of lower rates on loans, higher dividends on deposits and fewer or no fees on services.
Credit unions help members achieve their financial goals in numerous ways:
- We Are Member Owned: Each member has equal ownership and an equal vote in credit union matters, including the Board of Directors and annual meeting.
- Not-For-Profit: Credit unions exist to serve their members, not to make a profit.
- “People Helping People”: Credit unions exist to serve all members, no matter their means.
- Education Oriented: Credit unions continually provide their members with valuable financial information, helping them become better fiscally educated.
- Volunteer Boards: Each credit union is governed by a board of directors, elected by and from the credit union's membership. Board members serve voluntarily.
- Community: Credit unions are run by members of the community, and we are a part of the local communities we serve.
- Decisions Made Locally: We don’t have to send our members elsewhere to get approval on loans, and our local Board members make credit union decisions for the benefit of our membership.