Secure Checking Disclosure
Secure Checking Plus Disclosure
Recent regulation enacted by the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) requires that we put into place additional measures to safeguard your account and our financial institution. As of December 31, 2011, a service charge of $1.00 per month for Gold Prestige accounts and $2.00 per month for all other Share Draft accounts will be deducted from your Share Draft account, pursuant to your account agreement, to offset the cost of these security measures. You will see this fee appear on your statement as “Service Charge.”
If you have any question about how this fee pertains to your account, please contact your local branch representative.
Notice of Change in Account Services
As we undertake additional security measures to safeguard our organization, we have arranged for professional identity theft recovery services to mitigate identity theft and fraud for you and your family* for any type of identity theft that you may experience, including both financial and non-financial fraud, effective October 1, 2011.
If you or a qualifying family member has reason to believe you might be a victim of identity theft, call us. We will put you in touch with an Identity Recovery Advocate who will:
- Perform research to determine the extent of the problem
- Assist you with the placement of fraud alerts and review your credit report with all 3 credit bureaus
- Assist you in completing an Identity Theft Affidavit and Declaration of Fraud to establish your rights as a victim
- Write letters, make calls on your behalf to dispute all fraudulent information
- Coordinate with government agencies, financial institutions, creditors, etc. to resolve incidents
- Work with law enforcement to help to arrest and prosecute the criminals
- Confirm complete recovery in writing
- Follow up for 12 months
*Family coverage extends to the named account holders in the Eligible Account Group, their spouse or domestic partner, dependents up to age 25 with the same permanent residence address as the account holder, including students and military, and parents of the account holder living at the same address as the account holder, or living in elder care (hospice, assisted living, nursing home), with benefits extended up to 12 months after death.
To access these services, call a First Coast Personal Financial Rep at 386-328-5555.
TERMS FOR IDENTITY RECOVERY SERVICES
- Services will be extended to account holders at the discretion of First Coast Community Credit Union and may be cancelled upon 30 days’ notice to the account holder.
- Services extend to all named account holders, their spouse or domestic partner, dependents up to age 25 with the same permanent residence address as the account holder, including students and military, and parents of the account holder living at the same address as the account holder, or living in hospice, assisted living, nursing home or deceased for 12 months or less.
- Benefits have no cash equivalent, are non-transferrable, and non-cancelable (except in the event of termination of the Group Plan).
- Provider Services do not cover financial losses of any kind arising from the identity theft.
- Eligibility for recovery services is based on ID theft events that are discovered and reported to First Coast Community Credit Union on or after the effective date of the group program.
- Identity Theft is defined as fraud that involves the use of a consumer’s name, address, Social Security Number, bank or credit/debit card account number, or other identifying information without the knowledge of the consumer, and such information is used to commit fraud or other crimes.
- Recovery Services may be refused or terminated if it is deemed that the account holder or eligible family member is committing fraud or other illegal acts, making untrue statement, or failing to perform his/her portion of the recovery plan. Services will not be refused or terminated due to the complexity of a case.
- First Coast Community Credit Union and/or its service provider of the identity theft services cannot be held responsible for failure to provide or for delay in providing services when such failure or delay is caused by conditions beyond its control.
- This service does not provide credit counseling or repair to credit which legitimately belongs to the account holder or eligible family member.
- Services are only available to residents of the United States. Identity recovery is only performed with agencies and institutions in the United States, or territory where U.S. law applies.
- Services are provided by Merchants Information Solutions, Inc. www.merchantsinfo.com or an alternate Services Provider selected at the sole discretion of First Coast Community Credit Union.